Revitalising the Scullin shops
Check out what we’ve done
People power has brought life back to the shops
Talk to anyone from Scullin and they’ll say how much they love our little suburb.
The Scullin Community Group has been working hard to reinvigorate our local shops – using people power to turn the shops back into a community hub.
Come down and check out what’s happening, grab a coffee from Sweet Bones Bakery Cafe, take time out at a Change Yoga and Wellness class, and just enjoy the Scullin vibe.
Check out this article showcasing the latest mural addition and how we worked on the future of the shops.
So far at the shops, we have:
- welcomed Scullin Sweet Bones Bakery and Cafe
- welcomed Change Yoga and Wellness, operating out of one of the previously vacant shop fronts
- commissioned a rainforest mural by Dan Byrd and the latest work by Dave Cragg
- trialled the Scullin Traders
- hosted Floriade re-imagined in 2020 and 2022
- re-invigorated the bush garden at the front of the shops with a number of gardening working bees
- installed community garden beds and a community notice board
- installed a water bubbler
- held both the Scullin Wine Down and Twilight events, bringing the community together
- held regular coffee and chat get togethers (see events page for upcoming dates)
See our gallery of before and after pics below to see our work in progress!