Scullin End of Year Neighbour Parties
Coming to a front lawn near you!
Want to celebrate the end of the year with your street? Can’t wait to say hello to summer or goodbye to 2020? The SCG committee is excited to announce that this holiday season our new beanbag chairs, astroturf and trestle tables will be available FREE to all Scullin residents wanting to hold an end of year neighbour party/Xmas party/summer is here party.
The fine print (AKA: T&Cs and how it works)
- To host a neighbour party you must live in one of Scullin’s 9 ‘zones’. (Don’t know your zone? It’s just a creative way we sometimes describe the different pockets of Scullin. See this map to find your zone.) Live across the border? You are welcome to attend an event near you.
- The party can take whatever form you choose but it must be an event for locals – not for your family members or your besties. (Remember, you can rent the gear for that!)
- The equipment available for free for these events is: 15 beanbag chairs, 2 rolls of astroturf, 4 trestle tables. (PA/movie screen/projector not available for these events.)
- Equipment will be available for these parties from Sat 28th November to Sunday 20 December inclusive. (No bookings after 20 Dec.)
- To express your interest in holding a party you will need to fill in this Doodle Poll with your preferred dates/times. The survey will be open until 31 Oct. After that date committee members will work out how to best share the equipment and give as many residents as possible their preferred dates. As weekends will be limited you might want to consider a twilight party on a weeknight.
- Once firm dates are offered to event hosts (early Nov), one person from each event will need to pay a $300 refundable deposit via our rentals booking system. The deposit will be returned once we confirm the equipment is returned safely after your event. (As an FYI – the beanbags alone are worth over $300 each, so we want to ensure the stuff remains in great condition for everyone.)
- Did you read #6? Just checking nobody gets a surprise about the $300 deposit. If that is problematic for you/your party please PM one of the FB Group admins so we can find you a solution. We don’t want the deposit to make the equipment inaccessible for any groups of residents.
- To keep things simple, we’re asking that parties are on someone’s property or in your local park vs blocking off the street (that way we don’t need permits), unless that’s something you usually do in your street and are handling the permits solo already. (If you are blocking off the street and using our equipment, you’ll need a permit.)
- The equipment will need to be collected and returned from a Scullin location by someone from each group – we’ll coordinate that with you nearer the time.
- Party hosts/neighbours are responsible for invitations to your party (a simple letterdrop is probably the answer – also a great way to ensure non-FB group members know about it).
- Party hosts must also follow any COVIDsafe requirements in place at the time of the event.
- If you intend to play Jingle Bells on repeat during your party, we require that you let guests know in advance. (Oh hang on, that’s only for anything Sue White ends up hosting – her 6yo son is ALREADY making her play this! True story.)
Remember: You have a week to express your interest before we start allocating dates. Fill in the Doodle Poll here.