Revitalising the shops
So far at the shops, we have:
- welcomed Change Yoga and Wellness, operating out of one of the previously vacant shop fronts
- commissioned a rainforest mural by Dan Byrd and the latest work by Dave Cragg
- trialled the Scullin Traders
- Hosted Floriade re-imagined in 2020
- Re-invigorated the bush garden at the front of the shops with one of our gardening working bees
- installed community garden beds and a community notice board
- installed a water bubbler
- held both the Scullin Wine Down and Twilight events, bringing the community together
- held regular coffee and chat get togethers (see events page for upcoming dates)
See our gallery of before and after pics below to see our work in progress!
Gallery: before + after
The blank wall needed some life…
Dave Cragg’s mural bought a punch of colour and life to the street!
Our raised garden beds are helping spruce up the courtyard.
Community members share the job of looking after our new plants.
We are lucky to have established trees around the shops…
Our Parks and Places volunteer team designed plantings around the trees at the shops and in our raised garden beds for Floriade reimagined 2020.
The closed supermarket space (best known for selling ugg boots to China).
The closed supermarket has been replaced by the serene environs of Change Yoga & Wellness!
No-one finds a blank brick wall inspiring!
We love Dan Byrd’s rainforest mural.
This electricity board was covered in scrappy old notices and looked terrible.
Dan Byrd’s cockatoo mural made the electricity board look much nicer!
A boarded up shop said “don’t stop here”.
We opened the doors via the Scullin Traders, our gorgeous community entrepreneurship hub.